AltRider Headlight Dual-Lens Kit | BMW R 1200 GSW
This kit includes both the polycarbonate and stainless headlight guard faces, along with all required brackets and mounting hardware.
After a careful design process, the AltRider team developed a mesh pattern for the stainless steel headlight guard that deflects damaging debris. The deliberate design minimizes any loss of illumination from the headlight. The smart pattern also complements the sleek design of the R 1200 GSW. The resilient face of the polycarbonate headlight guard is precision cut from impact-resistant polycarbonate – the same material used in bullet-proof windows. This polycarbonate is formulated with a hardened scratch resistant surface both front and rear.
The face attaches to the stainless steel frame with a custom machined aluminum ball and rubber socket connection that provides a sturdy connection free of any vibration. These innovative fasteners make removal of the guards for cleaning a cinch – no tools required. They also allow all versions of the AltRider headlight guard to utilize the same frame.
The frame of the headlight guard is anchored on all four corners of the headlight to provide a robust foundation to absorb impacts. All metal edges are laser-cut and grain finished. Unlike other available headlight guards, installation is simple and doesn’t require removal of the blinker stalks or any bodywork. The frame and lenses are available in brushed stainless or powdercoat black finish – both are incredibly resistant to rust and weathering. The headlight guard will fit both the halogen and LED headlights.
The AltRider headlight guard also includes a specially designed glare guard. This durable vinyl decal attaches to the wind deflector below the windshield. The refined matte finish prevents light from reflecting off the windshield into the riders eyes.
- All AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Stainless steel mesh face deflects debris without blocking light
- Polycarbonate face resistant to impacts and is specially treated to harden the surface to resist scratches
- Ball and socket connectors allow removal of face without any tools
- Stainless steel frame provides strong foundation and is highly resistant to rust and weathering
- Compatible with halogen and LED headlight
- Available in brushed stainless and powdercoat black finish
- Compatible with R1200GSW Adventure (installation requires removal of front beak)
NOTE: Polycarbonate will react to certain chemicals and requires specific care to clean correctly and keep looking good for the long haul. Cleaning improperly can result in scratches, hazing, surface crazing and cracking. See our blog post on proper cleaning of our polycarbonate headlight guards.